The Abbey Grammar School
77a, Ashgrove Road
Co Down, BT34 1QN
+44 (0) 28 3026 3142
Congratulations to Conor Doyle and Donagh McAleenan on bringing honour to the school and gaining a prestigious Ulster Colleges’ All Star award.
The launch took place at the Merchant Hotel, Belfast on Monday.
Right-half back : Donagh McAleenan
School : Abbey CBS
Club: Cumann Naomh Peadar Warrenpoint
During his time in Abbey CBS, Donagh has captained school teams at every level and collected a Martin O’Farrell medal and a runners-up medal in the Rannafast Cup 2012.
With Warrenpoint he has won both the Down minor and Under 21 championship and he has represented Down at minor level for the past two seasons.
He is a nephew of Down All-Ireland winner Colm McAlarney and also of well-respected GAA coach Barney McAleenan.
Right-half forward : Conor Doyle
School : Abbey CBS
Club: St Brónagh’s Rostrevor
Conor won a Martin O’Farrell Cup medal and with St Mark’s Warrenpoint won 2 Down championship titles. He has represented his county at minor level for the past two seasons.
With St Brónagh’s he recently won a Down minor medal to add to similar medals at under 14 and under 16 levels.
Conor is also a keen golfer.
Danske Bank Ulster Colleges’ Football Team
December 18, 2013
2013-4 Danske Bank Ulster Colleges’ Football All Stars
1. Shaun Patton (St Eunan’s Letterkenny)
2. Barry Kerr (Our Lady’s Castleblaney)
3. Shea Heffron (St Michael’s Lurgan)
4. Jason Rocks (Holy Trinity, Cookstown)
5. Donagh McAleenan (Abbey CBS)
6. Cian McManus (St Patrick’s Cavan)
7. Cathal Mulholland (St Patrick’s Maghera)
8. Cathal McShane (Holy Cross Strabane)
9. Jarlath Burns (St Paul’s Bessbrook)
10. Conor Doyle (Abbey CBS)
11. Conor McKenna (St Patrick’s Armagh)
12. Ryan McAnespie (St Ciaran’s Ballygawley)
13. Lee Brennan (St Michael’s Enniskillen)
14. Eoin McManus (St Michael’s Enniskillen)
15. Danny Tallon (St Patrick’s Maghera)