Students who have acquitted themselves well in the GCSE examinations and having achieved a minimum of 7 passes with at least 3 at grade B level, are invited to do A-Levels in four subjects of their choice. As at GCSE, there is an extensive range of subjects offered, including
1. Art and Design
3. Business Studies
5. Computer Science
6. Construction BTEC
7. Design and Technology (Systems and Controls)
8. Digital Technology
9. Drama and Theatre Studies
11. English Language
12. English Literature
13. Environmental Technology
14. French (Sacred Heart Grammar School)
16. Health and Social Care (Southern Regional College)
18. Information Technology BTEC
22. Nutrition and Food Science (Formerly H. Economics) (Sacred Heart Grammar School)
23. Physical Education Studies
27. Religious Studies
Students also receive a comprehensive Careers Education and Physical Education programme and are involved in an outreach programme.
Our school has also recently established collaboration links with the Sacred Heart Grammar School by which A level classes in Sociology, Further Mathematics, Economics, Politics, Accounting, French, Moving Images and Psychology are shared. This co-educational experience is deeply rewarding for our students.
Always consult the current options booklet.