CELEBRATING 150 YEARS OF
CHRISTIAN BROTHER / EDMUND RICE
EDUCATION IN BELFAST 1866 – 2016
You are most welcome to join us in the Celebration of Mass in St Mary’s Church, Chapel Lane at 1.00pm on Saturday 12th November 2016 and at 2.30pm in the Westcourt Centre, Barrack St (the former St Mary’s CBS) for an exhibition illustrating the contribution, past and present, of the Christian Brothers and the Edmund Rice Schools Trust to education in Belfast
The Brothers began teaching in Belfast on 12th November 1866 in St Mary’s National School on Divis Street (John St). Since then they have provided transformational education in many other Belfast schools.
St Patrick’s, Donegall St; St Malachy’s, Oxford St; Hardinge St; St Mary’s CBS, Barrack St; Our Lady of Lourdes, Park Lodge; Gort na Móna, Dermot Hill; St Aidan’s Primary, Ballymurphy; Edmund Rice Primary, Pim St. and Open Doors Learning Centre, Barrack St. Present Schools (Edmund Rice Schools Trust):
Edmund Rice College, Glengormley; CBS, Glen Road; St Mary’s CBGS, Glen Road; St Patrick’s Primary, Antrim Rd; John Paul II Primary, Ballymurphy and Westcourt Education Centre (Christian Brothers)